Urgent Psychiatric Care
Urgent psychiatric care includes the following services:
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Ordering lab works
- Prescription refills
- Immediate symptom management
- Collaborating with family and other support services, if needed
- Liaising with your primary care doctor and urgent care services
- Nursing home consults
- Hospital discharge follow-ups
Dr. Valeria Serban
Neurology Residency Training
Master of Philosophy (M.Ph.) - Neuroscience
Internal Medicine Residency
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) - Neuroscience
Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship
Board Certified Psychiatrist with Multiple State Licenses MBBS (MD)
Dr. Valeria Serban is an experienced, Board Certified geriatric psychiatrist practicing general adult psychiatry and specializing in Geriatric Psychiatry. Dr. Valeria Serban has a background in neuroscience and has completed her Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the NYS Institute for Basic Research, City University of New York. She also obtained a Fellowship in Neurophysiology from Massachusetts General Hospital – Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts.
As a geriatric psychiatrist, Dr. Serban can help individuals between 18 to 120 years, with age-related cognitive decline like delirium, depression, dementia, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, psychosis, and other medical conditions resulting in psychiatric symptoms.
Dr. Tony Issac
Board Certified Psychiatrist in New York & New Jersey (MD)
Dr Tony Isaac is a double Board certified Psychiatrist with nine years experience practicing psychiatry. He provides compassionate discreet psychiatric evaluations, and psychiatric care services including medication management, and psychotherapy. Dr Isaac treats a wide range of psychiatric conditions including insomnia, panic attacks, depression, anxiety, OCD, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. He conducts suicide assessments, and acute stabilization and will work with your family and employer to provide support.
Dr Issac also provides follow up appointments, and psychiatric services including psychotherapy and sensitive medication titration. Dr Issac can work with you to achieve a collaborative treatment plan and work towards recovery and healing.
Dr Issac is available for same day appointments during emergencies and is available for weekend appointments to ensure that you receive the care and the folow up which you deserve.
Dr. Gundu Reddy
Board Certified Psychiatrist with Multiple State Licenses MBBS (MD)
Dr. Gundu Reddy is a Board Certified Psychiatrist with fifteen years of experience practicing clinical psychiatry. She also has ten years of experience practicing forensic psychiatry. Dr. Reddy has trained in medication management, psychodynamic psychotherapy, and cognitive behavioral therapy.
Dr. Reddy has a special interest in integrative psychiatry and believes that multiple factors should be considered when evaluating and treating a patient. That includes genetic and developmental factors, medical illness, nutrition, hormones, as well as environmental and dynamic factors.
Schedule an Appointment with one of our Online Psychiatrists.
Clinical Services: California, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, South Carolina, Tennessee
Forensic Psychiatry Services: All of the US and Canada
How much does it cost to see an online psychiatrist at Gaba Telepsychiatry?
Your first online appointment with one of our psychiatrists will cost $400. The follow-up appointments will be $250. If you have out-of-network benefits, we can submit claims on your behalf.
When may I need urgent psychiatric care?
You will certainly need urgent psychiatric care or consult an emergency psychiatrist if you are suffering from:
- Anxiety, panic attacks, intrusive thoughts, obsessions, and compulsions.
- Insomnia, nightmares, narcolepsy.
- Hallucinations, hearing voices.
- Paranoid thoughts so much that you are not sure of what is real or unreal.
- Severe depression, hopelessness, passive suicidal thoughts.
- Postpartum depression, psychiatric complications of pregnancy.
- Menopause, polycystic ovarian syndrome, premenstrual dysphoric disorder.
- Anger, rage, violent thoughts, and impulse control disorders.
- Side effects to current psychiatric medications.
You must consult a psychiatrist for urgent psychiatric care services immediately, especially if symptoms get worse. It is equally important to opt for urgent psychiatric care if you think that these symptoms are interfering with your ability to take care of yourself or your children, perform well at work, or continue with your usual daily activities.
Where may I find an emergency psychiatrist?
For urgent psychiatric care, you may find an emergency psychiatrist:
- At your local hospital emergency room
- At your local urgent care clinic
- Online, a Telemedicine Clinic
- At a behavioral health walk-in clinic
For most people, an online clinic such as Gaba Telepsychiatry is the most convenient, especially in an emergency as the appointment can take place from the comfort and convenience of your own home, at a time of your choosing, without the hassle of traveling to the Doctor’s practice.
What is the difference between an emergency psychiatrist and a regular psychiatrist?
An emergency psychiatrist, like a regular psychiatrist, is a medical doctor who is board-certified in psychiatry and is accustomed to managing psychiatric emergencies and acute situations.
What if I need a same-day psychiatrist appointment?
If you need to see a psychiatrist the same day for urgent psychiatric care services, you can call +1(833)312-4222 or book online. However, if you cannot book online, the front desk is open seven days a week between 9 am and 6 pm. After 6 pm, please leave a message with our answering service and someone will get back to you the next day.
Why Gaba Telepsychiatry?
- We use only experienced, Board-Certified Psychiatrists to ensure the highest standard of patient care.
- We work with the patient by offering urgent psychiatric care services to prevent hospitalization. This is possible only if the patient is not an immediate danger to themselves or others, is able to participate in outpatient care and has adequate support.
- The psychiatrist will listen and work with you for acute stabilization of symptoms.
- Medical, hormonal, developmental, as well as environmental factors are considered.
- Psychiatric evaluations and documentation can be provided for medical leave, request for accommodations, and return to work/school clearance.
- Prescriptions will be sent online to the pharmacy of your choice. You simply collect your medication at your own convenience.
- We will liaise with family members and support services when needed.
- Lastly, besides careful follow-up and treatment plan, we also provide medication titration and psychotherapy services in order to help achieve long-term recovery and resolution of symptoms.
FAQs about Urgent Psychiatric Care
If I need urgent psychiatric care, should I go to the hospital?
You may need to visit the hospital for urgent psychiatric care if:
- You are having particularly serious or potentially life threatening complications to medication.
- You are having violent or suicidal thoughts with plan or intent, and there is a genuine fear that you may actually act on them.
- You are unable to care for yourself, get out of bed, log in to appointments, pick up your prescriptions, or lack adequate community support to assist you.
- You are a genuine danger to yourself or others.
- You may need to see a psychiatrist frequently for stabilization and if outpatient care is not covered by your insurance.
Is insurance accepted for emergency psychiatrist appointments?
Currently, appointments are out of network for urgent psychiatric care. The fee is $400 for an initial consultation and $250 for a follow-up. We can check your insurance cover and complete your reimbursement forms for no additional charge, removing the headache of liaising with your insurance provider.
Can an emergency psychiatrist prescribe controlled substances online?
The rules vary from state to state and the psychiatrist must comply with state guidelines. During an emergency the psychiatrist can send a consult to your PCP or Urgent care to have a script filled. Most primary care doctors are happy to collaborate with psychiatrists during psychiatric emergencies in order to help prevent hospitalization. You may be asked to go to the Emergency Room if you are actively withdrawing , and your PCP is unavailable.
How does a telepsychiatry visit work?
All you need is a computer or mobile device and internet